The One to Count On...

Natural gas odor prompts three evacuations

Posted: Tuesday, April 7th, 2009 at 5:21 am
Author:
 

Still no concrete answer as to what caused a natural gas odor that prompted the evacuation of three buildings in Washington yesterday. Alliant Energy spokeswoman Nancy Craig says crews were called to inspect the high school, hospital and a local church. She says no gas leaks were discovered, but crews did find two "incidental" situations at the high school. The first was on a pizza oven, the second was a boiler vent. She says neither of these were the source of the odor, but were discovered as workers conducted their inspection. Craig says one possible explanation is that an odor similar to natural gas is what people were smelling.

Print Friendly

No related posts.