The One to Count On...

House Fire in Washington

Posted: Saturday, January 23rd, 2010 at 8:37 am
Author:

An electric blanket is being labeled the cause of a house fire at 1023 East Washington St. Washington, the Robert and Karen Crossett residence, at around 6:55 P.M. Friday night. The Washington Fire Department, Washington County Ambulance, and the Washington Police Department responded to the scene. Two people were transported by ambulance from the house to Washington County Hospital. They were later transported to the University Hospital in Iowa City. No further information is available at this time concerning the patients.  The fire was contained to an upstairs bedroom and the top floor of the residence suffered heat and smoke damage.