As an ice storm blankets a large portion of Iowa this week, the Iowa Department of Public Health is urging residents to be prepared should power outages occur. IDPH Medical Director, Dr. Patricia Quinlisk says the biggest threat during power outages is carbon monoxide poisoning. Quinlisk says when people use gas-powered generators in a confined space; there is the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. CO is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause sudden illness and death if inhaled. More information on winter weather safety can be found at the I-D-P-H’s website.
No related posts.