A gas leak on the west side of Stewart Elementary forced the entire building to be evacuated Wednesday evening. The Washington County Public Safety Center reports a gas leak was reported at the school at 5:30 pm Wednesday. The Washington Fire Department and Alliant Energy responded to the scene. Washington Schools Superintendent Mike Jorgensen says the building was evacuated and the scheduled school board meeting was moved to the Administration Building. Jorgensen says the leak was quickly fixed and within hours staff were allowed to return to the building. The Washington School Board set a 1918 Middle School Renovation Project Work Session for Wednesday, October 20th at 7:30 pm. The Project’s Construction Manager and Architects will be present and the meeting is open to the public.
No related posts.