- KCII Radio - http://kciiradio.com -
Heat Your Home Safely this Winter
Posted By News On @ 6:30 am In Today's Local News | Comments Disabled
The Iowa Utilities Board is reminding consumers to stay safe when heating your home this season. The IUB says never use a gas stove or oven for space heating, leave open burning fireplaces unattended, or leave burning candles unattended. Wood-burning fireplaces and devices, candles, and portable fire pits are all fire hazards. According to the National Fire Protection Association, electric and kerosene heaters cause the most home fires during winter when more fires occur. Overloading electrical circuits also cause many winter fires. Electric space heaters can help compensate for a cooler inside temperature and can be efficient when used on a limited basis to heat small, localized areas. However, they too can be dangerous and a fire hazard. For a complete list of heating safety tips, visit state.ia.us/iub .
No related posts.
Article printed from KCII Radio: http://kciiradio.com
URL to article: http://kciiradio.com/2010/11/heat-your-home-safely-this-winter/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://lh3.ggpht.com/_gDDgXn7fh-o/TNwt5S0llzI/AAAAAAAAH74/EqEG87FfIp0/home%20heating.jpg?imgmax=640
 state.ia.us/iub: http://www.state.ia.us/government/com/util/newsrelease.html
 Image: http://www.printfriendly.com/print?url=http://kciiradio.com/2010/11/heat-your-home-safely-this-winter/
Copyright © 2005-2013 KCII Radio