- KCII Radio - http://kciiradio.com -
State Theatre Fire Caused by Cigarette
Posted By News On @ 6:30 am In Today's Local News | Comments Disabled
The historic State Theater in Washington had a fire yesterday morning. Washington Fire Chief Tom Wide tells KCII that there was a fire in the upper level of the State Theater in Downtown Washington. He tells us that the cause of the fire was from a discarded cigarette in a projection room trash can. The Washington Fire Department responded and brought the situation under control. Wide says there was no one in the building at the time of the fire and says there is a lot of smoke and water damage to the building. The theater was built originally as an opera house in 1893 and began showing movies regularly in the 1920s. The building has also been host to political rallies, commencements and a wide variety of events. Go to kciiradio.com to see raw video of the scene.
No related posts.
Article printed from KCII Radio: http://kciiradio.com
URL to article: http://kciiradio.com/2010/11/state-theatre-fire-caused-by-cigarette/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_gDDgXn7fh-o/TOP8R04fLVI/AAAAAAAAH-Y/DDnpP3Ps7VU/scholarships%20001.jpg?imgmax=640
 Image: http://www.printfriendly.com/print?url=http://kciiradio.com/2010/11/state-theatre-fire-caused-by-cigarette/
Copyright © 2005-2013 KCII Radio