The Washington County Safety Center has received information from the Keokuk County Sheriff’s Office of a house fire in rural Keota Monday night. The Safety Center says the Keota Fire Department reported a call from the Mike Ladehoff residence at 2340 Elm Avenue in Washington County having smoke coming from a portable heater. Keota Fire Department noted visible flames upon their arrival and requested mutual aid from the Washington Fire Department.
Everyone had evacuated the residence and no injuries were reported. The Keota First Responders, Washington County Ambulance and the Washington County Sheriff’s Office also responded to the call.