At approximately 7:49 last night, the Washington Fire Department received a call of a fire alarm at the Halcyon House. Washington Fire Department located smoke filling up on the second and fourth floors of building three upon responding to the scene. Residents were evacuated from both floors and were checked by personnel as a safety precaution.
Fire personnel advised the smoke was coming from the motor in the elevator. The Washington Police Department and the Washington County Ambulance also responded to assist. All residents were able to return back to their homes and no injuries were reported.