View Larger Map 
The cause of a house fire on Sunday has been released. Washington Fire Department Chief Tom Wide says the fire at 1600 Country Club Road in Washington started in a gas fireplace vent. The vent is located on the side of the residence.
The fire traveled up the wall and into the ceiling and attic. The house owned by Robert and Krista Gaal sustained considerable damage.
The Red Cross is assisting the family. Emergency personnel from Washington County Ambulance and the Washington Police Department also responded to the scene.