The Washington City Council met last night and discussed the current budget as part of their meeting. They set a public hearing date for a resolution for a budget amendment. The Council set a date of March 7th for this hearing.
A second public hearing date was set for next week involving the use of funds from the state revolving fund and the west side interceptor project. This public hearing will be next Tuesday at 6:00.
The council appointed 19 members to the Wellness Park Committee as well. See below for those appointed.
An agreement was entered with Interstate Power and Light Company for a two inch gas facilities extension for the new Waste Water Treatment Project and to facilitate future growth.
The Council also approved an agreement with Fox Engineering for a water system facility plan. This plan will be to look at making improvements to the city’s water system.
The Wellness Park Committee members are:
1. Washington Community Y: Dave Mitchell and Greg Woller
2. Washington Mayor: Sandy Johnson
3. Washington City Administrator: Brent Hinson
4. United Presbyterian Home: Erin Drahota and Amy Kleese
5. Halcyon House: Chris Marshall or Becky Carter
6. Washington Community School District: Yota Giardino
7. Washington Area Softball Association (WASA): Chris Linnenkamp
8. Washington Area Baseball Council (WABC): Mark Weidman
9. Planning and Zoning Commission: Daren Delong
10. Washington Park Board: Donald Pfeiffer and Larry Bartlett
11. Washington Economic Development Group (WEDG): Ed Raber
12. Washington County Public Health: Edie Nebel
13. Washington Obesity Prevention Task Force: Eric Turner
14. Washington Soccer Club: Sidney Ryan
15. Washington County Hospital: Dennis Hunger (he may name a staff person)