The One to Count On...

Rehabilitation Assistance Available for Two Households

Posted: Saturday, April 7th, 2012 at 6:30 am
Author: KCII News - Bill Gatchel


The city of Washington is looking for homes to help rehabilitate using federal funds. City Clerk Illa Earnest says the city was not able to use all of the awarded funds last year. The funds given by the state and Federal governments are to assist two homeowners with home repairs.

She says the requirements are you have to live in the home for which you are seeking the funds, own or purchasing the home, fall at or below the federal housing income guidelines, and live in the target area. Earnest says the target area runs from D Avenue and 3rd Avenue and from 5th Street to 9th Street.

She adds they are currently looking for two homeowners within this area that meet the requirements. Earnest says homeowners that qualify will receive $25,000 as a forgivable loan as long as the homeowner remains in the home for five years.

Applications and more information regarding this assistance can be found by contacting Washington City Hall.