- KCII Radio - http://kciiradio.com -

Evacuation at Junior High School This Morning

Posted By Community On @ 11:09 am In Today's Local News | Comments Disabled

Students at the Washington Junior High School had an unexpected break from class this morning. Superintendent Dr. Mike Jorgensen says a carbon monoxide detector sounded in one of the classrooms in the Consumer Science area alerting the principal to evacuate the building.

Dr. Jorgensen says the students went to the Halcyon House while the Washington Fire Department and crews from Alliant Energy worked to determine the cause which was a malfunction in an exhaust fan.

He notes the carbon monoxide levels were never at a danger level, but the evacuation was done as a precautionary measure. The students returned to class about an hour after leaving the building.

Print Friendly [1]

No related posts.

Article printed from KCII Radio: http://kciiradio.com

URL to article: http://kciiradio.com/2012/05/evacuation-at-junior-high-school-this-morning/

URLs in this post:

[1] Image: http://www.printfriendly.com/print?url=http://kciiradio.com/2012/05/evacuation-at-junior-high-school-this-morning/

Copyright © 2005-2013 KCII Radio