The staff and students at Washington Jr. High School had a delayed start to their school day today. [simage=3429,400,n,center]
Washington Fire Chief Tom Wide says just before 8:00 the staff evacuated the building and students were not allowed to enter because of a gas odor being detected. He says crews from Alliant Energy and the Washington Fire Department responded to the scene.
The source of the odor was in the Consumer Science classroom at a connection to one of the stoves.
Chief Wide says Alliant crews shut off the gas line allowing the staff and students to enter the building about 9:20 this morning.
No related posts.