The One to Count On...

CRP Acreage Authorized for Emergency Grazing

Posted: Thursday, August 2nd, 2012 at 6:24 am
Author: KCII News - Bill Gatchel


Farmers seeking relief from the drought conditions are now being allowed to let livestock feed in special areas of their farms.  Bill Bartenhagen, Farm Service Agency (FSA) County Executive Director in Washington County says producers interested in the emergency haying and grazing of Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) acres must request approval before haying the acreage.

He adds they need to get a modified conservation plan from the Natural Resources Conservation Service.  The authorization begins today and all haying activities need to be completed by the end of the month.  For more information, contact your local FSA office.