The One to Count On...

Required Golf Cart Registrations in Washington

Posted: Friday, September 7th, 2012 at 6:28 am
Author: KCII News - Bill Gatchel

The city of Washington has started the process for registering a different type of road-worthy vehicle.  Police Chief Greg Goodman says golf carts and utility vehicles have been allowed to be driven on city streets since May but now is the time to get them registered.  He says when registering the vehicle, the driver has to have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.

Chief Goodman adds the golf carts need to have a slow moving vehicle sign attached as well as a bicycle flag, headlights and taillights and anchored seat belts.  The registration that costs $25 is valid for one year.

The complete ordinance can be found at the Washington Police Department’s website.