Around 8:20 this morning, the Washington County Safety Center received a report of a gas leak at 633 West Madison in Washington. Those responding to the scene were the Washington Police Department, Washington Fire Department and Alliant Energy.
Fire Chief Tom Wide says the cause of the leak was the home owner puncturing the gas line because of not using the Iowa One Call service to find its location. He says the line was capped off and gas service was restored to the residence.
No related posts.