- KCII Radio - http://kciiradio.com -

Fire in Washington Yesterday

Posted By News On @ 6:30 am In Today's Local News | Comments Disabled

A fire broke out at an apartment building at 210 East 14th Street in Washington Friday morning.

According to 2nd Assistant Chief Jim Williams, the fire broke out in a first floor apartment due to a grease fire on the stove.

Williams stated that there was extensive damage to the unit where the fire began and smoke damage to other apartments in the building.

He said that Red Cross has been contacted for the residents who are now unable to inhabit the building. They will be able to go into the building to gather belongings, but power at the building has been turned off.

Washington Fire Department crews, Washington Police, Washington County Ambulance and local first responders were on scene for approximately two and a half hours. Also, personnel from Alliant Energy were on scene to kill power to the building.

Article printed from KCII Radio: http://kciiradio.com

URL to article: http://kciiradio.com/2013/03/fire-in-washington-yesterday/

Copyright © 2005-2013 KCII Radio