The One to Count On...

House Fire in Washington

Posted: Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 at 11:04 am
Author: Sally Y. Hart - KCII News

A fire broke out in a home at 501 South D Avenue in Washington yesterday afternoon at approximately 2:30 p.m. Fire Chief Tom Wide says that people were home when the fire began and no injuries were incurred.

The fire started in a wood-burning stove and spread to the attic and insulation. Wide says that part of the ceiling had to be removed for fire fighters to extinguish the flames.

Red Cross was contacted to assist the family.