- KCII Radio - http://kciiradio.com -
Spring Cleanup Begins Monday
Posted By News On @ 6:26 am In Today's Local News | Comments Disabled
Spring cleanup will be held next week, beginning Monday, April 15th, with most items being collected on residents’ regular garbage collection days. Requirements include loose items must be in a cardboard box or clear plastic bags, materials must be in distinct piles, construction and demolition materials up to 100 pounds per residence, wood boards must be in bundles, no metal over four feet in length is allowed and recyclable materials must be in separate piles. Also, any cardboard left behind at the end of the day will be picked up.
Stickers for large items, such as refrigerators, microwaves and televisions can be purchased at City Hall.
All items that do not meet requirements will be left behind. If you have questions contact Luke Waste Management at 461-9011.
$20 sticker required for: washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, furnaces, microwaves, water heaters, dehumidifiers, dishwashers, stoves, trash compactors, personal computers, monitors and televisions
$6 tag required for: couches, desks, mattresses, box springs, dressers (chest of drawers) and recliners
The following will not be picked up:
- any black or colored plastic bag must have a city sticker and be no larger than 35 gallons
- any bag with garbage or household trash and no sticker will be left behind
- waste oil (waste oil can be taken to the recycling center on Lexington Blvd.)
- concrete, bricks, or rocks
- hazardous materials such as paint, explosives or materials soaked in volatile compounds (drugs, poisons or household chemicals with hazardous warning labels)
Article printed from KCII Radio: http://kciiradio.com
URL to article: http://kciiradio.com/2013/04/spring-cleanup-begins-monday/
Copyright © 2005-2013 KCII Radio