The One to Count On...

Demons Dominate Carlisle to Move On in Playoffs

Posted: Thursday, October 31st, 2013 at 8:30 am
Author: KCII Radio- Drew Shradel

In the worst conditions they have played in all year, in the most important game they have played in all year, the Washington Demons took it to the Carlisle Wildcats, putting up 42 points in the first half to a 49-15 win.

Washington started with the ball on the 35 yard line, after the opening kickoff went out-of-bounds, but that didn’t seem to phase the Demons at all, going 65 yards on the first play of the game for a touchdown by Alex Coker. Washington held Carlisle to a three and out on their first drive, and the Demons started with the ball again on the 35, and again went 65 yards on one play to make it 14-0 off a quarterback keeper from Daryn Seibelius.

Carlisle came back to make a pretty good drive their second set of downs, only to be stopped by an interception by Alex Coker on quarterback Jordan Pierce. Washington started deep in their own zone and managed to get it out to the 21 yard line, where Daryn Seibelius threw the ball as hard has he could through the wind and the rain to a wide open Tanner Knupp, who stopped and came back for the catch, broke one tackle and he was gone for 79 yards and the score to make it 21-0 after one.

Carlisle got the ball back again and got it back to about mid-field before a fumble ended up Washington’s way. The Demons drove down the field and punched it in from eight yards by Seibelius and the Demons were up 28-0. The scores continued to come as Carl Sivels broke through with a run in the first half, breaking tackles left and right and then scoring on a 35 yard run with a little over half the time left in the second quarter, and then one more touchdown run by Alex Coker from 14 yards out made it 42-0 at half.

After the halftime break the first team had a chance for one set of downs both ways. After the defense stopped Carlisle and a bad punt set them up in their own zone, Washington scored on their first play from 40 yards out off a run by Tanner Knupp to make it 49-0.

Carlisle kept their first team offense in the entire game, and scored their 15 points off the Demons second team, making the Demons coaching staff put in the first team offensive line to help with the offense, and the first team defense to make a statement.

After the game head coach Randy Schrader talked about the win and the appreciation of the fans.

“It was a great job by our up front guys on the offensive line, and Coker, we talked all week if we can get him three yards, he is going run around a lot, him, Tanner [Knupp], Carl [Sivels], Carl had a great run, what a big power run there and Daryn [Seibelius] he threw that duck up and we caught it and ran it in for a touchdown, you know things just kind of went our way,” Schrader said. “The coaching staff does a great job every night getting these guys prepared, and we had a great crowd tonight for the weather, the student section as outstanding and we want to give kudos to those kids, and the people that braved the weather out here is just horrible conditions, luckily it wasn’t cold.”

Coker led on the ground with 121 yards and two touchdowns on just 11 carries, while Seibelius had two scores on five carries and 90 yards, he was also 3-3 for 94 yards and a touchdown to the leading receiver Tanner Knupp who had two catches for 84 yards. Mason Quigley was perfect in PAT’s in horrible kicking conditions, and Washington outgained Carlisle 471-202 on offense, even with the late game push against the second team.

Washington will host Oskaloosa who was a 21-14 winner over Centerville last night, on Monday. That game can be heard right here on AM and FM KCII with pregame at 6:30 and kickoff at 7.