Dairy Days will be held in Kalona. Dairy producers will have the opportunity to hear Iowa State University Extension Specialists share information on the dairy industry issues on February 4th in Kalona. The workshop is held each winter to help producers make herd management decisions based on the latest research, this year grass and forage mixtures and contracting corn silage will be discussed. Also, legal issues producers should know, calf management practices and information on calf facilities and repurposing buildings will be featured.
Contact Washington County Extension for more information. Dairy Days will be offered in Kalona on February 4 at the Kalona Chamber of Commerce at 514 B Ave. in Kalona. Registration starts at 9:30 am and the program will conclude by 3:00 pm.
Below is a list of the featured speakers and topics:
- Grass/Legume Forage Mixtures for Dairy from Brian Lang or Mark Carlton, ISU Extension Field Agronomists.
- Kristen Schulte, Extension farm management specialist or Larry Tranel, ISU Extension Dairy Specialist will discuss Contracting Corn Silage for Your Dairy.
– Melissa O’Rourke, ISU Extension Farm Management Specialist will provide information on the Top Legal Issues Dairy Producers Should Know.
- Jenn Bentley, ISU Extension Dairy Specialist or Lee Kilmer, Extension Dairy specialist and Professor of Animal Science, will discuss producer surveys on calf management practices.
- After lunch, Dr. Lee Kilmer or Jenn Bentley will discuss best management practices with Leave No Dairy Calf Behind.
- Dan Huyser Extension Ag Engineer will share information on Calf Facilities and Repurposing Buildings.
- Dr. Leo Timms or Dr. Lee Kilmer will share information on Optimizing Your Heifer Enterprise.
– The final segment will include an interactive survey and discussion with Extension Dairy Field Specialists on Dairy Herd Management Practices.
Contact Washington County Extension at 319-653-4811 for more information and a list of other locations and dates. A $15 registration fee covers proceedings costs. Freedom Security Bank of Kalona an office of Central State Bank is providing snacks and lunch. Pre-registration is requested by January 31 by contacting Washington County Extension at 319-653-4811 or your local dairy specialist, Larry Tranel at 563-583-6496.
No related posts.