An enrollment event to help people enroll in the new health insurance marketplace is being held in Washington next week. Visiting Nurse Services of Iowa will assist area residents sign up on an individual basis, as they are one of three organizations in the state to receive a federal grant to conduct these services. VNS Iowa will be at the Washington Public Library from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, February 10th, and appointments are encouraged. To schedule an appoinment call 515-288-1516. Walk-ins will be accepted but may be rescheduled.
Navigators estimate the enrollment process to take about one hour, provided individuals bring all necessary documentation:
· Social Security Number(s) (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
· Birth date(s)
· Employer and income information for every member of household needing coverage (pay stubs or W-2 forms—Wage and Tax Statements)
· Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering household members of your household (if applicable)
· Information about any health insurance available from employer(s) (if applicable)
There are three ways to apply for insurance through the new marketplace:
1) By calling 1-800-318-2596
2) Online at healthcare.gov
3) Via a paper application
4) With assistance from either a Certified Application Counselor (CAC) or a navigator. Navigators are ideal for individuals who need the most assistance identifying a plan that best meets their needs. HCI Care Services, a partner of VNS of Iowa has been designated as a CAC.
For more information, please call 515-288-1516 or visit www.vnsia.org. VNS of Iowa is a community partner of HCI Care Services (formerly Hospice of Central Iowa).