The One to Count On...

Cigarette Leads to House Fire

Posted: Monday, March 20th, 2017 at 6:26 am
Author: KCII staff

A cigarette led to a house fire in Washington Saturday evening. According to the Washington County Communications Office, at 7:48 p.m. they received a call where a person was burning leaves, which caught fire from a cigarette, the house then caught fire. The fire was at 611 East Tyler Street. Everyone exited the house. Washington Fire Department extinguished the fire. Washington Police Department and Washington County Ambulance also responded to the scene. Alliant Energy was notified.