The One to Count On...

Heat Lamp Causes Shed Fire in Wellman Friday

Posted: Saturday, January 13th, 2018 at 6:28 am
Author: KCII News


Map created with Google Maps.

A heat lamp caused a shed fire northeast of Wellman Friday.

According to the Wellman Fire Department at about 9:20 a.m. a heat lamp set some hay ablaze in a shed at 1750 130th Street, about two miles east of Wellman. Most livestock had vacated from the shed by the time crews arrived. There was minimal damage to the building and one pig was lost. Wellman Fire Department, Kalona Fire Department, and Wellman Rescue assisted at the scene.