A computer fire and inclement weather have caused Iowa Mennonite School to be closed Friday.
According to the Washington County Communications Center IMS fire alarms were triggered by a lab computer that caught fire at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday. Principal Steve Schrag says the fire was caused by the computer battery, and was extinguished by an instructor. The school called off assistance from the Kalona Fire Department. Cleanup of the incident and inclement weather influenced officials to close school Friday. No one was injured in the incident.